Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cruisin' Down The Hudson

We never made Canada on the cruise. Bill screwed that up. I really didn't mind that much as St. John is a pretty lame port. (I did feel trapped and drove my friends slightly nuts with my hyperactivity.) I've been there before and its not a place I care if I ever see again.

My favorite part of the cruise (aside from the food and the reggae band) is the NYC skyline. If Bill screwed that up, I would have been pissed. Here are a few views from the ship, a different view than I normally get to see.

This slide and city view--I'm too chicken to use it.
Intrepid Museum

A good way to get around. I've been wanting to do this since the first time I saw a Duck in Baltimore. I haven't gotten to it yet.


View from the ship


Our neighbor ship and the city.

Sightseers

The plane-helicopter crash over the Hudson happened not to far from here.


Most people don't associate jet skis and NYC.


The skyline I love from a different view than I normally see--I think this is Robert Wagner Park, near the financial center.

Lots of sailboats


Enjoying an afternoon sail.

The sun behind the clouds. Luckily for us, it did not rain.


Of course, the Statue of Liberty

The mighty little tugboats, guiding cruise ships and barges.

The top of the ship looks like it will smack right into the Verrazano Bridge. The whole deck burst into applause as we sail under and then out to see.

1 comment:

Ricochet said...

Gorgeous as always!!

Have a great year!