Saturday, August 01, 2009

Beggars In Paradise

I have been having a lot of trouble breathing here and decided to try to take it a little easier on our second hike of the day yesterday. We were just going to go up to Mirror Lake and decided that we didn't need any money with us. The hike was much worse than we thought it would be and Mirror Lake was not much to look at so we decided to continue our trek up to Lake Agnes and the Tea House. The view up there was supposed to be magnificent and I figured that if I was going to have a heart attack and die, it might as well be in a place as beautiful as this place is.
Well, I didn't die but we did run out of water before we got to the top and had no money with us to enjoy a lemonade, get a bite to eat or even buy a new bottle of water. Luckily, some nice tourists felt my pain and bought me the much needed water. Now I know why I always give money to people in the street. I was just paying it forward.

You can see the tea house in the corner. The people live up here all summer. Supplies are delivered by helicopter, horse back or human back. It is a long, steep trail up.

View of Lake Louise from the mountain

Lake Agnes


Falls at Lake Agnes

Mirror Lake

View from the road to Lake Agnes
Falls at Lake Agnes


The hotel we are staying at from Lake Agnes

Lake Agnes



1 comment:

care020 said...

I don't envy you the physical labor of the hike. The pictures from Lake Agnes, however, make me green with envy.