Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Heart Of Gold


I miss my newspaper while on vacation and make it a practice to skim through all the ones I missed while away. Please forgive this rant that is old news to most people, but new to me.

Saturday's Newsday had a headline that grabbed my attention:

Bloomberg says drug CEOs aren't paid much

I couldn't believe my eyes. In fact, Bloomberg is quoted as saying:


"Last time I checked, pharmaceutical companies don't make a lot of money, their executives don't make a lot of money."

The article also listed a chart showing the pay packages at these companies in 2007. They ranged from a high of $33.3 million to a low of $9 million. I guess the guy at the bottom is the one Bloomberg is feeling sorry for.

Everyone, lets open our wallets and checkbooks to donate to these poor individuals. me. Bloomberg claims to care about the common man and here he is doing just that. All you Bloomberg groupies, be glad you found a man who supports you well.

I couldn't find the link to the article I read, so I googled Bloomberg and drug CEO's. You can check the results here.

Let's all remember to vote for this man with a heart of gold who realizes that one cannot live on $9 million dollars a year and that $33 million is not all that much.

No comments: