Thursday, June 04, 2015

Dead Horse Bay

Retirement allows me the time to explore parts of the city I never knew existed.  Today my husband and I spent the afternoon at Dead Horse Bay, a small body of water near the Marine Park Bridge in Brooklyn.  We passed the afternoon photographing broken glass, bottles, shoes, construction debris and more as the area was once a land fill.  A big thank you goes to John, from my UFT Photo Class for turning us on to this wonderful area.  Here are a few photos



















2 comments:

ed notes online said...

You could practically see my house from there. Funny but I can walk there and never go. Where did you park?

Pissedoffteacher said...

Floyd Bennett Field and we walked across. Really interesting place. We plan on going back. If you go, check to make sure it is not high tide.