Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving

I sit here today, listening to the rain and watching the ice form on my windshield grateful for the job that  I not only loved but a job that has permitted me to retire and live a comfortable life.

I complained plenty while working at Packemin but never for one minute forgot how lucky I was to be there.  I was blessed with teaching the top students who also taught me different ways of doing things and for teaching the weakest kids who helped me learn tolerance and understanding and many street lessons.  I am thankful that the admins I never cared for and did not particularly like me never went after my job.  Only once, in my long career, did an AP ever try putting a letter in file and was unsuccessful.  I knew I could go to work every day, do what I felt was best and the only repercussion would be negative words from my supervisor.

Teaching was  a career I entered because I knew no other I was prepared for.  It was the best decision of my life and I give thanks for it daily.

No comments: