Monday, November 11, 2013

Another Funeral


I worked with John at Packemin and now see him at the college.  When I saw him last week, I commented on not seeing him for a while.  He answered that his dad had been sick.  Tuesday he told me his dad was home. Thursday I gave him the information I had about home hospice.  Yesterday I got an e-mail saying his dad passed away.

I don't want to go to another funeral, especially one for a dad.  The memory of my dad's grave is still too fresh in my mind, but I am going anyway.  The love and support I got from people I worked with, people who I didn't even think liked me or thought about me was amazing and helpful and I want to do the same for John.

An orphan, whether at 6 or 60 hurts.  (Of course the younger you are the worse it is, no comparison.) If my presence even helps for a few minutes, I will be happy I went.

No comments: