Thursday, July 10, 2008

Getting My Money's Worth

I'm good on the subway. I can get anywhere and find my way home from any part of the city. I never get lost--at least not until today.

I was on 14th St., on the east side. My day started at Century 21 on Chambers St. so I had already done quite a bit of walking but I hate to change trains so I walked to 6th Ave to catch the F train home. But, for those who know the area, the F stop at 14th St. is not an easy one to use. First, I ended up on the L platform. Then, I found the F platform, fought the traffic and reached the platform, only to find I was on the downtown side. I turned around and got caught up in the rush hour mob and decided to just take the L one stop and get on the E. Unfortunately I got on the L in the wrong direction and ended up back at Union Square. At that point, I took the 6 to 51st where I changed for the E to get home. If only I found the F in the first place I could have sat the entire way home. Oh well, at least I got my $2.00 worth!

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

A similar thing happened to my wife and me in Amsterdam several years ago. We got on the right tram, but going the wrong direction, and ended up riding to the very end of the line and then having to backtrack. We saw more of the city than we bargained for, but at least we got our money's worth!