Friday, September 08, 2006

I Love Teaching

I'm lucky. I love teaching. I REALLY LOVE TEACHING. I know that sounds hard to believe, when all I do is bitch and complain about my school, but I do love teaching. I love to stand in front of a class and watch the faces of my students as they finally get it!!!! I love the way last year's students run up and hug me in the hall and complain because I am not their teacher this year. I love getting hugs from kids that I could not pass. I love it when a kid says "Don't retire, we need you." I am tier 1. I found out that I could actually be bringing home more money retired than I am bringing home now. I don't care. At this point in my life I cannot imagine not being Mrs. XXXXXXXXXX. I can't imagine not sitting on the floor outside the cafeteria or math office working with a bunch of kids. I don't care if the principals of the world want me to retire, I'll go when I am ready. I'm not ready to leave the thing I love!

No comments: