Friday, April 18, 2008

Update

The railing leading up the ramp to my trailer. The wood is rotting and it is hanging on by a few screws.
The step under the adjoining trailer. It is rotting away and wobbles when it is in use.No trailer post is complete without a puddle picture. It is becoming a trash receptacle.
The broken gate that used to lock the trailers when they were not in use. It finally got fixed after the Monday morning surprise. The whole process took less than ten minutes.


At the moment, I am winning the war. I don't want to print the last e-mail, but, it was not pretty. I printed a copy and gave it to the union and Principal Suit. Even if Suit is behind the viciousness, I don't think even he would put in writing what my AP sent in an e-mail. Over the years this guy has bullied many teachers. He cannot bully or scare me.


Yesterday I felt I had won the first round as Mr. AP would not speak to me. He's a grudge holder and his holding back meant he was really angry and he would only be really angry if Suit had spoken to him about the e-mail. Today Mr. AP passed me in the hall and went out of his way to be nice. I explained a math concept that he did not know and he wished me a pleasant vacation. In the past, a few teachers have stood up to him and he always backed down. I hope that is what he will do with me.


In other news, another trailer was trashed. The teachers were livid. One of them went screaming to Terence about the need for real security outside. She complained about the "do nothing" safety officers (something I have not, and will not do.) He gave her some stupid excuse and accused her of leaving the door open when she left the trailer. (She is not the last teacher in the room and always waits for the next teacher to arrive before leaving.) Today I actually saw a dean standing right by the trailers during a change of periods.


We aren't there yet, but we are making progress. While I don't take credit for the progress, I know my voice made some difference. Maybe now, with others behind me, something will be done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us in the dark! Can you summarize the email he sent you. btw, our AP has put things in writing that our principal has not only overturned, but read her the riot act too. How he can turn his head when security is an issue does not speak well of him as someone who should be running a school.

Schoolgal

17 (really 15) more years said...

You should write an expose for the NY Post - let's see how your school's reputation holds up then.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chaz said...

I agree with 7 of 9, oops I mean 17. Expose this to the newspapers. This stuff is what they like to publish.

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

Nothing but the best for our students and teachers!