Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink


Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink had her frozen mac and cheese in the cafeteria's microwave oven. However, she did not think it worthy of her time to stay nearby and watch it heat. When I walked into the cafeteria, the microwave was not on. I opened it to heat my food, found her ice cold food, and took it out. All of a sudden Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink jumped up and started screaming because I preumpted the microwave. I told her, that not only was it not turned on, no one was even nearby and I had no way of knowing when the person that put it in would return. I took my dish out and let her continue, or should I say start cooking hers. She begrudingly apologized.

Ms. My S***t Does Not Stink and I have had similar run-ins in the past. She actually gave me permission to continue sitting at a table that she and her cronies decided to use. To quote her, "Don't worry, you don't have to move." (As if I was planning on moving!) She been snippy when I had to get resource room exams back from her and refused to do anything about her student who cut unless I put it in writing. Evidently, Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink can't remember something so simple unless it is written down.

Special education teachers are often and unfairly looked down upon by other teachers. It is teachers like this one that give them this unearned reputation. Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink needs to learn to play nice with others

9 comments:

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

Every school building has the same cast of characters only the names change. I have "Brandy Daggers" in my school a real yenta who has 30 years in the system and is on "FU" time but since her home life is hell all she has to look forward to in her life is to come to a lousy and failing school and brown nose our clown but evil Principal. All she does is give orders to colleagues and "snitches" on people since she only teaches 2 classes a day and one is a bullshit course in children's literature where the kids cut and past from magazines and plagerize(spelling)from professional childrens lit writers.

Some teachers should stop being so immature. It is embrassing to the profession. I try to stay away from people like the person you described. I bet she went nowhere for the break and leads a pathetic life. People that are happy with themselves don't act like that!

Anonymous said...

What about the teacher that goes around "stirring the pot" so to speak? When they are not gossiping, the love to cause trouble. And, since they always suck up to the principal, they get away with murder.

Schoolgal

17 (really 15) more years said...

One of the reasons we chipped in and bought a microwave of our own is people like you described. Back when we had a nice little group that ate together in our teachers' room, it was a fun and collegial place to be. BUT, then a few characters emerged- the ones that had to hold court every day, who talked the entire period about themselves- we lost patience with that crap.

I never realized how every school has them until I started reading the blogs.

Anonymous said...

tell us about the nice cat.

Anonymous said...

how about the plot to do in colleagiality by totally taking away the staff lounge? Now all teachers eat in isolation in their own separate spaces. I miss the old days- when you could find someone to vent to, laugh with, still some cookies from.

Pissedoffteacher said...

My sweet, little independent cat!

I'm not a cat lover but this poor thing was abandoned along with her brother when they were babies. We kept feeding them and when it got cold we took them in, got them shots and fixed and tried to give them away. No one wanted them so they became ours.

Anonymous said...

It just makes my eyes roll. Ms. My S**t Does Not Stink needs to get over herself quickly. She should not be making others in her profession look less than what they are by her self absorbed dramatic actions. Unfortunately, there are others like her all over the building. Some are on missions, some are just egocentric. As Just Us stated, every school has that cast of characters where just the names change. I still watch the 1984 movie "Teachers" with Nick Nolte, usually at the beginning of a school year. The movie is filled with people we know or who seem familiar. It's that cast of characters.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

To avoid such people, I eat my lunch in my classroom. Ah, peace and quiet!

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

ahhh CaliTguy:

That's what the powers that be want to keep us isolated and have nothing to do with each other!