Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Queen Of Mean


When you work for the Queen of Mean you need to establish ground rules or she will eat you alive. However, if you are a good person who cares about others, this is hard to do. The ground rules you establish to save yourself might end up hurting innocents along the way. You have to understand that the only way to help these individuals is to help yourself. Since you cannot do this on your own, I have established some rules for you, rules which I expect you to obey.

1. You work a set number of hours a day. When your day is over, it is over. You go home to your family and friends and to anything else you desire. The Queen of Mean can expect nothing more from you.

2. You will not open e-mails from the Queen Of Mean unless you are at work. Your home computer is for your personal use only.

3. You will take a duty free lunch daily. You will not tell the Queen where you are going to take it and you will make sure she has no idea as to where you will be at that time. You will surround yourself with friends who will protect you from her dagger eyes at this time.

4. You will take whatever time you need to get your work done. You are entitled to this. You will spend time collaborating with anyone you need to collaborate with.

5. You will realize that you cannot save the world or even all the kids in your charge. You will take one hour at a time and that is all you will do.

Failure to follow the above rules will mean severe consequences administered by a very Pissed Off Teacher. She is known for going for the jugular and very few people have survived her wrath and indignation. I warn you now, OBEY!!!!!!

5 comments:

Rachel Grynberg said...

Thanks for this. And everything.

Anonymous said...

Thanks it is important for me to know I am protected Love it!

slave to the queen said...

Oh my, you described my AP exactly. Are you sure you are in NY and not California?

care020 said...

It amazes me that you have listed the exact rules that I am trying to follow this year! I was having problems going home no later than half an hour after the students, but the new puppy has taken care of that.

care020 said...

Okay, I usually stick around for about an hour after the students have left. That's nothing compared to the three to four hours I used to put in after the last bell.