Monday, October 26, 2009

No Wonder He Can't Concentrate On Math


Mickey told me his big court day is tomorrow and if he makes it back, he would be ready to work again. He told me he has a 50-50 shot at being back.

I don't know what he did, or what he is accused of doing. All I know is that I have grown to love this crazy, dysfunctional kid and I believe I can get him to pass if I get a chance.

I wished him luck and he hugged me (I know Chaz, no hugs!) I know my life will be easier without this kid but I really hope he makes it back. He's only a ninth grader. I have to believe he can turn his life around.

3 comments:

Abstract Randomizer said...

Another reason why you're the teacher and so many others couldn't do the job you do...
Good luck to the boy.

dkuroiwa said...

Yeah....good luck to Mickey...may this be the chance he needs!!

Reading this, I am awash in memories of my own teaching experience in south Texas...I had "those kids" for all 5 years I was down there...at the beginning of each year, when they gave assignments, some people dreaded getting paired with me. oh no...they liked me, they just knew what kind of kids I got every year!! Sure...they were hard and challenging, but...like you...I loved them and wouldn't have traded them for anyone!!
You....may be the only bright spot in their day.

Anonymous said...

we are they only CARING these kids have in their lives!