Thursday, October 15, 2009

Black Magic

The enemy and I have reconciled. I don't understand what happened to make this happen. It never apologizes and I never forgive, yet we both did the things we never did before.


The overhead projector was missing from my room this morning so I was forced to seek out the enemy to report this and request a new one. I specifically said that it was no emergency and should be done at the enemy's convenience. It actually stopped working and went to get one for me. It even wanted to carry the machine to my room but, being an independent woman I opted to carry the projector myself.


I thought about the actions for the next two periods and then decided to take a chance. I walked up to the enemy and asked if we could start over and be friends again. It started apologizing. I couldn't believe my ears and I just said stop. Let's make today day one and begin as if nothing has happened. If we are going to be able to work together, we have to start out on equal footage. It wanted a hug and I agreed. (I'm still opposed to group hugs, especially when nothing has been settled.) I will never forget the war but I have forgiven and am ready to move on. I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.


Yesterday, I was still angry and bitter. I was cold and rude to the Major Force's attempt to smooth things over. I refused to talk to people I like and I even started to cry talking to a friend about the incident. I am known as a professional grudge holder. People have done less and I've stayed angry longer than this. The Major Force must have some black magic up his sleeve to get me to do something so totally out of character. And, while this time the magic was used for something good, I am going to be careful and watchful. I never cared much for magic acts. I hope this Merlin will be different.

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, that's kinda huge. I hope the truce hold out, at least for the rest of the school year.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Me too. I'm going minute to minute, expecting nothing and hoping for the best.

Now, it is time for others to start speaking up if things like this happen to them. I laid the ground work for others.