Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Caught In The Middle


I was doing my hall tutoring period 10 today (I know I said I wouldn't do it, but I am a sucker for the kids) and the enemy walked by. I asked about the location of some books I wanted to use. The enemy got kind of snotty and told me I hadn't looked in the correct place and that I should get up and it would show me where they were. Getting up from the position I was in (I was sitting on the floor) was not easy and since I was not finished tutoring, I politely declined and asked for the location of the books, certain I would be able to find them on my own. The enemy got vicious. It told the girl I was tutoring to get up and see where the books were so she could show me. The girl did as directed but was visibly shaken. When the enemy left, she apologized for putting me in a compromised position. I told her it was nothing and went back to tutoring, doing my best to get her mind off the attack.


Although I have never had anything nice to say about the enemy, I never thought it would stoop so low as to involve an innocent student. I hope her wounds were superficial and heal quickly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your enemy is a mean spirited person with no ethics....this enemy is probably licking wounds from lost battles.

ChiTown Girl said...

What an assbag! It's already unprofessional to talk to you in that manner, but to do it in front of a student is reprehensible! This is one insecure person, with absolutely no self-esteem!

Anonymous said...

This incident should be reported to the principal in writing with your CC present. No one should talk to a teacher that way or involve a student.

An AP in my school did something inappropriate, the principal was called at home and the AP had to apologize.

Schoolgal

Pissedoffteacher said...

The enemy might have allies in high places. I think I will let this one sit and wait for a bigger one to launch my attack.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Anonymous: The enemy won the last one and I my wounds still smart.

rita pudell said...

Nothing could be more unprofessional. When I first came into Packemin in 1980, I was observed by Mr. Principal(2 principals before Hula, Suit, and Failed in Two Counties)and Madam Chairperson. When I went to the post-observation conference, I had no idea that they hated each others guts. And after the meeting I still had no idea. It is a disgrace that any teacher would act snotty to another teacher in front of a student regardless of their personal feelings. I trust that the enemy hasn't heard the last of you.

Schoolgal said...

You feel defeated, but the truth is that battle you lost while it made no sense, was still the right of the admin to do so. This is an entirely different matter and does not fall under your definition of battle or battles in the future. This is the height of an unprofessional act. You asked a simple question and got a nasty response in front of a student. Then the student was forced to take time from tutoring just to make a point. For someone who knows she is going to retire (whether it be this year or in a few years, and can retire today if you wished), I am totally shocked that you will let this slid because no principal worth a grain of salt would take the side of this action and would make sure you get an apology if not for you, for the sake of the students in your school.