Monday, June 08, 2009

How I Spent Party Night



I decided to skip the party and donate blood instead. Today is exactly 56 days after my last donation (the amount of time needed between donations) and the day my mom would have turned 82. Since blood donations kept her alive for so many years, I felt it was appropriate to donate today, in her memory and honor.




This turned out to be a great donation. I didn't pass out or even get dizzy. The guy who took my blood actually took the necessary precautions with me. In fact, I felt so good, I decided to stop at Pathmark to pick up some things for dinner. That is when I got pissed.


First, the carts were laying all over the parking lots, blocking spots and rolling into cars.




There has got to be something seriously wrong with people who won't move the extra couple of feet to put them in the corrals which are very conveniently located.


Then, the long lines forced me to go to a self service check out. I hate those things. I worked my way through high school as a checker and these registers just take jobs away from needy people. They also never work right. There was a really big guy standing in front, supposedly to help, but I think he is there to make sure no one is stealing. He barely moved to help when my register stopped working.

Bitch fest finished. My husband is cooking and it smells good. I'm supposed to drink lots of fluids during the next 24 hours. I think there is a cold beer with my name on it in the fridge.

1 comment:

Ms. Tsouris said...

It was wonderful that you donated blood...thank you!

Your husband actually COOKS??!! At least you didn't have to deal with THAT after your experience in Pathmark's parallel universe. Enjoy the beer!! L'Chaim!!!