Monday, June 01, 2009

Chelsea

Theater tickets to Offices, by Ethan Coen, in Chelsea, led to a great day of walking around the area. Enjoy the pictures.

NYC has the best flower markets. All were beautiful but I especially liked the blue roses.




I never get tired of the architecture.






This building now holds a men's spa. I couldn't figure out what its original purpose was.



New York Savings Bank


Too bad there was so much paint on these faces on an old apartment building on some side street.






The flowers were in an expensive shop

And mixed with the old are these very modern buildings. There is not even room for a chair on these terraces.






And finally dinner the the Cuba Cafe. All the restaurants in Chelsea are totally open onto the street to enjoy the spring weather. This was my first Cuban dinner and all I can say is YUM!!! And, all the drinks were only $5. I had a great (and strong margarita) while my husband had an equally good mojito.


The decor in this place was great. I loved the money riding the ceiling fan.


No comments: