Sunday, June 21, 2009

Friendships



One of the best thing about my career as a teacher is the friendships I have made along the way. I don't know of any other profession where the bonding among colleagues is so strong. I usually consider myself quite an anti-social being, yet here I am surrounded by my colleagues, my friends, celebrating the marriage of one of their daughters. Notice how nice we clean up. No one at work would ever recognize us all dressed up like this.



The wedding took place in Sayville, New York. The ceremony was on the beach. (I felt like I was at a destination wedding in Jamaica.) The rain was even good enough to hold off until it was over. The cocktail hour was inside/outside on a patio overlooking the water and the dinner was in a great ballroom. The band was great. The dancing was fun. The drinks were strong. Here are a few pictures.

The bride and groom exchanging words of love under the Chuppah.

The bridesmaids

The chuppah View from the patio

The sand ceremony--the bride and groom fill the vase with sand to symbolize the combining of their lives. Just like the grains of sand, they can never be separated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like it was a beautiful event. I agree with you 100% on the bonds between educators. I never saw more compassion among colleagues than I saw between my mother and hers.