Monday, March 23, 2009

Seventh Son

Everybody talkin' 'bout the seventh son
In the whole wide world there is only one
And I'm the one, I'm the one
I'm the one, I'm the one
The one they call the seventh son
I can tell your future, it will come to pass
I can do things to you make your heart feel glad
Look in the sky, predict the rain
Tell when a woman's got another man
I'm the one, oh I'm the one
I'm the one, I'm the one
The one they call the seventh son
I can talk these words that will sound so sweet
They will even make your little heart skip a beat
Heal the sick, raise the dead
Make the little girls talk outta their heads
I'm the one, oh I'm the one
I'm the one, I'm the one
The one they call the seventh son
I can talk these words that will sound so sweet
They will even make your little heart skip a beat
Heal the sick, raise the dead
And make the little girls talk outta their heads
I'm the one, oh I'm the one
I'm the one, I'm the one
The one they call the seventh son

I was just thinking about that old song. Maybe teachers really are the Seventh Son. Maybe we do have the power to get everyone to work just that much harder so they can get at least a 65. Mr. AP wrote:

It is best if you can find a way for him/her to work harder and get better grade.

Heck, if I am that powerful, I am going to use my powers to make sure every blind person works hard enough to see . I will use this power to force the cripples to throw away their wheel chairs and walkers. Maybe Mr. AP is right, I can find a way to get them all to work a little harder so they can all pass with at least a 65.

Or maybe I should just put my powers to better use and leave the education problems to the educational scientists.

3 comments:

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Can yo also use your powers to get me to clean my house? I need 'the power'!

Danielle

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Whoops. Typo above. Sometimes I wonder if I am a real English teacher. hehe

Danielle

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I wrote in your post from a few days ago. As a teacher, there is only so much I can do...students have to take responsibility for their actions (or lack thereof). This includes working hard to get the grade you want. I will help you, but I can't do it for you.