Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I Missed This

I never gave that sound a second thought.


It was just something that was always there, an irritant if I used the phone in the wrong room and did not want the party on the other end to know what I was doing.


Oh, but when I didn't hear it, I missed it. In fact, it was so bad without it, I couldn't stand it.


I even had to get to work at 6:20 today because I could not hear it at home.


The sound? Now, don't get grossed out.


It is the sound of the toilet flushing.




Our sewer line backed up last night, too late to call anyone to fix and too late to find another place to sleep. Being the potty Queen of Queens, this was not a good thing to happen to me.


But, thanks to an early call to City Wide we are back to business as usual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A malfunctioning toliet is enough to ruin a person's day. I'm glad it's working in top form once again.