Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reputations



At dinner last night a friend asked me if I was planning on retiring this year. My husband jumped in and said "No. She can't sit still. Besides, there is a new principal in her school and he doesn't hate her yet."

To this my friend commented
"He must be deaf, dumb, blind and mentally incompetent."

I always tell the kids in school to be careful who they hang out with. While it might not be fair, we are often judged by the company we keep. They could learn a lot from the comment above.

2 comments:

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

People talk about retirement very glibly. The real question nowadays is how many people can afford to retire! BloomKlien is putting a lot of pressure on principals to get rid of teachers at top salary but now we have a near depression in this nation. So the question is
who can afford to retire particularly if they invested their life savings with Berni Madoff, have unemployed adult children or still are putting their children through college?

This is going to get very interesting when Randi goes to negotiate the next contract.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Years ago, I put my TDA and my pension in fixed, so I am fine to retire. I'm fortunate to be a Tier I teacher.

As for the adult unemployed child, htere is one under my roof.

I'm one of the lucky ones, working by choice, not by necessity. That is why I don't stress as much as some of the others around. I have nothing to lose if they decide tomorrow they don't want me there.