Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Belle Finally Has Her Celebration


Belle's friends were never really happy that her party was cancelled. She was a great teacher and still is a great friend. Tonight, a whole bunch of us took her out to dinner. She thought she was going with one person and was happy to see the whole gang when she walked in.

It wasn't fancy. No one got dressed up. No one made speeches. We already gave her the gift. It was just a nice dinner with friends. Our great friend got honored.

I know you don't read this blog (thank goodness there is still one person out there that knows me that doesn't read this!) but this is what is in my heart for you:

Belle, I am so honored to have worked with you. I valued you as a colleague and will always value you as a friend. Enjoy your retirement. You earned it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to do!!

Schoolgal