Friday, January 09, 2009

Excellent Birthday


I got an e-mail from a student from last year's AP class wishing me a happy birthday. I'm shocked she remembered.

My daughter came home to spend the weekend with me! She left her boyfriend behind so we would have more time together. We saw A Hundred Years Of Broadway at Queens Theater in The Park (free tickets courtesy of the English AP). It was wonderful.

I got a remote starter for my car from my husband, although it was my son's idea. I have an old car and it takes forever to get warm in the morning. I can now be nice and comfy on my way to work.

Getting old is not so bad. Think of the alternative.

6 comments:

17 (really 15) more years said...

Happy Birthday! Let's make plans in the next few weeks to do a little drinking and celebrating!

Anonymous said...

Many Happy Returns!!!

Schoolgal

cupcake said...

Happy birthday! What a nice treat from a former student. Here's to a fabulous year.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I wish I would have known and brought in a Red Stripe for you.

Aloha!

Rachel Grynberg said...

HB!

Kim Hughey said...

Happy Birthday Pissed Off. Sounds like your birthday was perfect!