Sunday, January 25, 2009

UFT Newspaper

I only read the UFT paper to for two things. One is to see if anyone I know has died. The other is to check for special events. Last month, there was an offer for Shrek. The price, $109, was not cheap, but it was better than the box office price and I decided to treat us to a show that was not on TDF. All I can say is that it was worth the money. It was just a fun, lively show. The music and special effects were fantastic.

We got there early. It was so cold we decided to walk around the American Craftsman (52 St and 7th Avenue). I found this great new kitchen clock. I'm a sucker for anything with a face. The weirder the expression the better it is.
I was pretty upset reading this month's union rag--all that talk about how the UFT is doing so much to help the ATRs, teaching them how to write resumes and to go on interviews, as if these intelligent, experienced adults are clueless and then I thought of these tickets and the show I would not have seen without the paper. I just have to remember to turn away from the ugly pages without reading them.

2 comments:

Angela Watson said...

Isn't Shrek the Musical fabulous? So witty and clever...true to the movie but very unique. LOVED it.

Kim Hughey said...

OMG, that's just how I look in the mornings before I have my coffee! I'd love to have that clock for my classroom cuz I'm always telling my students not to mess with me until I've had my 2nd cup.