Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Good Bye, My Old Friend



Good bye old blue jeans. I've worn you off and on for over 20 years, enjoying the times you fit well, agonizing when you were too tight and worrying when you were too loose. I haven't been able to find a pair as comfortable as you.

Your threads are getting thin. I've managed to fix a few of your little holes but I fear there is no help for the ones forming now. I cannot even cut you to shorts as your material is just too weak to withstand any wear.

I will miss you.

3 comments:

NYC Educator said...

Wow. 20 years from a pair of jeans. I've never gotten more than two or three.

Kim Hughey said...

You could just do what the girls at our school do and wear tights under them. That way your skin won't show through all the holes!

Anonymous said...

That's heart-breaking!

I feel you, girl. Really, I do.