Monday, January 19, 2009

Productive Weekend

My birthday cheesecake. They decorated my friend's plate and we had to move the candle to my cake.
The best part of the restaurant--the bathrooms. Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows I love bathrooms and photograph them wherever I go.

1. My friends and I celebrated my birthday at Grand Luxe Cafe. I highly recommend skipping this place. The food was not that great. The service was awful and the manager was nasty. Even after complaining a number of times, they put the birthday candle on the wrong dessert and decorated the wrong plate. All in all, it was a fun night. I love my friends and it was great being with them.

2. Saw Gran Torino and enjoyed it immensely. It was wonderful to see a movie before it made it to television.

3. Got to visit my dad. I usually see him every weekend but was about to bow out this weekend due to weather when the sun came out yesterday afternoon. We played a couple of hot games of Rummy Q and had a good time together.

4. Saw 21 on DVD. Being a math teacher and a wannabe card counter, I loved the movie.

5. Saw Defiance today with some good friends. I actually saw two can't believe I saw two first run movies in one weekend and got to catchup with friends at the same time. The movie by my house was recently redone and on Mondays, ladies only pay $4.50. My husband was complaining about there being no Man's day, but that's life. Since all our money is our money, we still saved on my admission.

6. Dinner at Grimaldi's--coal oven pizza at its finest.

7. Marked the first half of my geometry classes midterm exams and put those marks into excel. The marks weren't all that bad. The class average was 28/40 (70% for you non-math people.) I'm still not expecting much on the next part, but I'll have to wait for Wednesday to find out.

And now, to figure out what to teach tomorrow.

5 comments:

w said...

Sounds like a great long weekend to me!! And a great birthday cheesecake! :)

Miss Eyre said...

I wish I had been so productive. I marked practice essays for the ELA exam so we could have one more crash review tomorrow (in between watching in the Inauguration, of course!) and did a lot of laundry, but that was about all. Oh, and I exercised and blogged.

There are just so many papers...I'm behind by the second week of September and I get caught up when fourth quarter grades go in!

Angela Watson said...

Glad you had a nice b-day celebration, and sorry the Grand Luxe sucked for you. I go to the one in Fort Lauderdale fairly often and the food is great, if expensive. The bathrooms, though, ARE truly remarkable. Love the sinks.

Mrs. T said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely celebration!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I, too, saw Grand Torino. One of the BEST films I've seen in a long time.