Sunday, January 11, 2009

Profitable Faculty Conference


After school faculty conferences suck big time. After a full day of teaching I don't care what the topic is. I'm tired. I want to go home. Nothing being said can hold my interest.

Last month's conference was different. I sat with my friend who was filling out raffle tickets for an organization she belongs to. I wanted to help her out so I took out $5 and bought five tickets. I figured I wouldn't miss the money and was making a contribution to a worthy organization. Imagine my surprise when a $50 check, my prize, came in the mail. I did the only thing I could do with it, took my friend out for beers and dinner.

Wouldn't it be great if every faculty conference could be this profitable?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, a faculty conference that's worth something!!

Schoolgal