Friday, February 26, 2010

Snow Report--Afternoon Update

I really have a problem wasting a day off so when I saw my neighbor shoveling her walk, I went over to help. We talked and then went to shovel the sidewalk of some elderly people on the block. She mentioned needing to go to the post office and I said "how about a walk?" She gave me a strange look as the post office is at least 1.5 miles away but said, "Why not? We can take the bus back." I said, I could always walk with her there and we could separate as I prefer walking. Well, she ended up enjoying the walk and we had a really great time.

The snow was better in some spots and worse in others. There were streets that were perfectly clean and streets that weren't even touched with a plow. Here, the snow report will continue.

My walking partner.

Hopefully no fires will break out.

This road was in severe need of plowing.

The snow makes the park look so pretty. It is still dangerous to be underneath these trees so I stuck to the other side. Good thing schools were closed. The bus stops on this block.

A Mickey Mouse snow man.

Slush is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I love putting on boots and sloshing through it. This brings back memories from my childhood. I had to cross two streets to get to school, streets that were always full of slush after the snow.

One of the sanitation trucks that went by was making really loud banging noises. This chain, we passed in the street, must have been the reason.

We stopped at Dunkin' Donuts. My friend had coupons which were going to expire. I didn't need the donuts but I can't resist a bargain. Hopefully the three mile walk and the shoveling this morning burned off the calories.

No lines in the drug store, no people either.

This guy did what I usually do--came in for one item and did not take a cart.

The parking lot was a mess, parking was available, but I am glad I walked.

A first--no lines in the post office

And the bank was closed.

These people hadn't gotten out yet.
Another rarity--no traffic on the Cross Island.


The sun was actually starting to break through.

3 comments:

Liberty Rose said...

Only one donut?

Pissedoffteacher said...

No, they were 2 for $.99 and I couldn't convince my friend to eat one so I had to have 2.

Unknown said...

Well, heck, PO, I had the flatbread sandwich thingy...how much do you think I can eat? ;)