Friday, February 19, 2010

Blogging Buddies


I love taking trips. As long as I am healthy enough to keep traveling, nothing is going to hold me back. I love visiting cities I have been to before and I love visiting new places. This is my first trip to Atlanta and I am in love with this big little city. There might not be as much to do here as there is in New York, but that doesn't matter. The subway system is fantastic. For $9.00, we were able to buy two round trip tickets from the airport to our hotel. The people are the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone has been extremely helpful. There was never a shortage of people to direct us to the right trains and to our hotel. A homeless man even helped us find the hotel and offered to carry our suitcases.

We don't like to let any grass grow under our feet, so the first day we visited CNN and Coca Cola. Both were interesting and surprisingly worth the money. We also saw Olympic Park, the site of the 1996 Olympics. This morning we hit the Aquarium which is probably the best aquarium I have ever visited. While these places are must on any trip to Atlanta, the highlight of my trip came this afternoon at 3:00. That is when Mr. and Mrs. Ricochet showed up at our hotel. When I saw Mrs. Ricochet exit a bright red car, it was love at first sight.

Mr. and Mrs. Ricochet live about 45 minutes north of Atlanta and graciously drove down to Atlanta to spend the afternoon with Mr. POd and myself. They picked us up at their hotel and then drove over to Georgia Tech to show us around the campus. As an added bonus, son Ricochet decided to join us. He has to be one of the most charming, handsome and intelligent boys I have ever met. Son Ricochet was worried about his parents going out with people they met on the Internet so he decided to hang around and chaperon. He ended up giving us a wonderful tour of the campus, complete with historical anecdotes and personal references. We completed our day with dinner at the Vortex Bar and Grill, a place recently featured on the television show Man Vs. Food.

It is funny how blogging and friendships seem to go together. When I meet my fellow bloggers, I feel like I am meeting someone I have known for years. Ricochet is exactly as I imagined her to be. I'm honored that she and her family chose to spend the day with us. I only wish there weren't so many miles between us so we could get to spend more time together.

I am looking forward to meeting many of the other people who have been my online friends for years and to making them more than just online friends.

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

I hope you look me up if you ever come to ChiTown!

Pissedoffteacher said...

Chicago is on the list of places to visit, just not in the winter. I'd definitely like to meet you too.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Chicago is on the list of places to visit, just not in the winter. I'd definitely like to meet you too.

Ricochet said...

You are very gracious to say the kind things about my boy. It warms my heart that he behaved and was charming! I must be doing SOMETHING right!

Gush - it was awesome meeting new/old friends!

Kim Hughey said...

Sorry I missed your call when you were with Riccochet. Hope San Antonio is on your list, but whatever you do, don't come in the summer! Since moving here, I've discovered that it is 3 months of hell and then 9 months of perfection. So whatever you do, plan the trip for anytime between Sept and May.