Monday, December 22, 2008

Older is Better

I took a walk a while agoand really looked at some of the old houses in my neighborhood. Some are truly beautiful. It is a shame that so many are being knocked down to put up these new monstrosities.


This one is my favorite. I love the color and all the windows.
i especially love the little windows on the side of the attic.
Another grand old house.
The colors of this little one always cheer me up.
This must be a nightmare to clean.
The new replacements have no character.




This is a good one. The people who bought it managed to do it over and keep all the old charm. They fixed without destryoing first.

These are quite ugly.
And so are these...
These have no lawns.

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

I love your picture posts!
Your neighborhood looks quite lovely, with the exception of the new additions with no character.