Saturday, December 27, 2008

Don't Expect Me To Air Your Gripes



Charlie, my neighbor, was a teacher, like you and I. Many years went by and he became an assistant principal. A few years later, he became the acting principal and then he found out he was going to be appointed principal.


Me: Charlie, you know that we can no longer be friends.

Charlie: What do you mean?

Me: I cannot be friends with a principal, sorry.

Charlie: I'm me. I'll always be me no matter what job I
have.

Me: We'll see.

Two months passed and I ran into Charlie again.

Charlie: You were right. I changed. The job forces you to
do things you wouldn't ordinarily do.

I have received e-mails and comments from people who want me to go back to my honest and open comments on the administration and teachers at Packemin HS.

Sorry, I can't do that. I am enjoying not being on the administration's hate list. It might not last because I get pissed off pretty easily but as long as nothing affects me directly, there will be nothing negative here. But, when there is something good, I will write that. I'm not sucking up. I'm just giving credit where credit is due. For those of you who don't like that, stop reading and write your own blog.






No comments: