Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't Worry, About A Thing...



Don't worry, about a little thing.
Everything will be, all right.

We must have heard that song five times every day. I should be sick of it, but I'm not. In Jamaica, everything really is all right. The weather is terrific, the beach is fantastic. Going to an all inclusive means you've spent a pile of money up front but anything you want is there for the taking.

Crazy person that I am, I made everyone get up extra early to make sure we got to the airport in plenty of time. Luckily, there was almost no snow and we had no trouble getting here. My son drove us to the airport, he is such a good kid. He even called when he got home when I admitted that I needed him to call because I am excessively neurotic. Playing hooky two days before vacation officially starts was much better than our usual Christmas day flight. The airport was not nearly as crowded as usual. We even had emergency row seats. I love that extra leg room. My Kosher breakfast even tasted good.

Our flight was supposed to board at 6:30. We ended up boarding the plane by 8:00 and we thought “Great. We will make it in time for lunch. Again, no such luck. The weather got sucky and we had to wait to de-ice. Finally, at 10:45 we took off.

Although we lost most of the first day, things were still all right. I was sick, but that was all right too. Our room was beautiful. We had a corner room that had a view of sunrise in the morning and sunset in the evening. (The room was a big upgrade from what we paid for.)

More details of the trip later this week. For now, a few pictures.


The beach--the hotel has a nature reserve on both sides of it.


From the pastry shop--my favorite eating place. The woman is making delicious crepes.


Just what the doctor recommends after a long school year.


Starfish under water. These guys were all over the beach.

Sunset seen on our first night.




The pool with the ever popular swim up bar.

A rare picture of the two of us.

The view as we ate lunch in one of the many restaurants.


Swans decorating chairs.


The beach.

5 comments:

Teacher said...

I am completely jealous. I think I need to plan one of these soon to really put the stress of teaching out of my mind!

Anonymous said...

That's some camera. The shots are beautiful. What do you use???

Schoolgal

Pissedoffteacher said...

My camera is a simple Olympus Stylus. I take hundreds of pictures with different settings to get the ones I like. I also enhance them using Corel Draw. My husband calls this cheating.

Ms. Tsouris said...

Call your enhancements "embellishments". Your pictures are so fantastic that I am completely jealous. Welcome back, and I'm happy for you that the vacation was so wonderful!

Miss S said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! Sooo jealous am I! The photos are gorgeous! Happy New Year!