Monday, December 15, 2008

I Put My Boxing Gloves On Again


The union lackeys were back with not much to say this time.

I did ask them about perceived harassment of teachers.

Lackey: First, I want to know when the teacher can retire.

Me: What has that got to do with anything?

Lackey: The teacher might be better off financially not working.

Me: I know I would be better off financially if I retired, but I want to keep teaching. I'll keep teaching until I am ready to stop and not before. Money does not rule my life.

Lackey: I have more disposable income now that I am retired.

Me: You still did not answer the question.

At that point, he gave me some mumbo jumbo about our CC and district rep. I went back to marking some papers. These union guys are as bad as the city.

8 comments:

proofoflife said...

They are! TKO! go for it.

Anonymous said...

Those sycophants didn't stay late enough...one of the teachers caught one of those lackeys in a barefaced lie when they showed up last month to spoil the lunch period.

NYC Educator said...

They're worse, actually, because the city does not purport to represent your interests, or those of working people. Furthermore, that guy's retirement income and pension is enhanced by the patronage bucks he gets for visiting you, which he does not do out of the kindness of his heart.

Anonymous said...

Totally amazing!! Instead of answering the question, it seems the UFT is trying to force teachers to retire.

Why didn't your CC answer this question?? I'm surprised you guys got another visit. Usually they hit and run. When Mike Mendel visited our school, the teachers were more disgusted after the visit because he was not supportive.

Schoolgal

Pissedoffteacher said...

These guys come to our school once a month. Our CC is useless.

Pissedoffteacher said...

These guys come to our school once a month. Our CC is useless.

Anonymous said...

I hate the union, and I'm a chapter leader. They are USELESS. They've been coasting off acheivements of the 70's for the last forty years and haven't done anything for me, my school, or my members. USELESS.

Anonymous said...

My personal opinion...you need to retire and become a mentor/coach. There are too many new teachers in the system (me included) who have NO IDEA what their rights are or how to hone their skills. How we would benefit from you!!!! At my school, the longest person teaching is 8 years, 3 of which they took as maternity leave. We're a young batch of kids and I KNOW admin is screwing with us, making us do things we shouldn't be doing.

In either case, from your readings I can tell that you're an exceptional teacher. The kids are lucky to have you.