Friday, December 19, 2008

Nes Gadol Haya Sham


In case you are wondering, I am not playing dreydel or referring to the miracle of the oil lasting eight nights on Chanukah. I'm talking about a modern day miracle, a miracle so beyond my realm of belief that I am still wondering if it is real.

The miracle I am referring to is the miracle of working for a principal that gets it without playing gotcha. Never, in my wildest dreams would I have believed a person like this could exist.

Earlier this week I had a nasty encounter with Mr. AP. The encounter left me so angry that I spent quite a bit of time venting to Ms. APO (who I really like) and then blogging about it here, even though I knew it would be read by people in my school.

The exec board of union met with the principal yesterday and Mr. AP was discussed. I am not the only one having issues with his tone.

Today, in the beginning of my eighth period class, the principal decided to visit. He looked around said "I can't here a pin drop" and smiled. He said he heard about what happened and he wanted to talk to me. TALK, NOT CATCH ME NOT DOING MY JOB!!!! NOT TRY TO FIND SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO WRITE OR SAY!!!!! He apologized for not talking to me sooner. He knows I will be out next week so he said he will talk to me after the vacation. For the first time in my career I am not dreading talking to an administrator.

Yes, A great miracle has happened here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mazol!!!

Hula does sound like someone who remembers what it was like to be a teacher.

And the guy has a sense of humor too!
I just may wear a Hawaiian shirt on Christmas Eve.

Schoolgal

The Bus Driver said...

wow!! thats absolutely spectacular!!!! let us know how it goes!