Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Success At Last


Graduation was today. It was great seeing all my seniors. The two kids that made me feel the best about what I do are the two kids who graduated on the five year plan. They were both in my double period C-D class last year. Neither had passed math since freshman year. Both passed the regents and math while they were in my class. Unfortunately, they failed other classes and did not graduate on time. I'm sure passing my class last year enabled them to graduate now. I met the mother of one of my students. She was grateful for all our phone calls and even appreciated my broken Spanish.

I hope both of these kids learned something, go on to a 2-year college and make something out of their lives. Both are bright. They just need a little extra push.

No comments: