Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sore Loser


Now that school is open for teachers on Brooklyn Queens Day, teachers in a big school like mine have an opportunity to meet together, to come together as a faculty, to discuss problems, find solutions and praise each others accomplishments.

What HOGWASH!!!!! We spent the morning listening to Principal Suit's B.S. He really didn't have that much to say so we got to watch part of the school's production of Footloose (the terrible acoustics in the auditorium makes it impossible to understand any words sung) and listen to the honor orchestra, lead by the award winning music teacher (excellent performance). We got to hear about his being the number one music teacher in the city. Principal Suit then went on to praise the head of the JROTC for being the number one teacher for them. He praised an English teacher who also won a nice award. After, he continued with more B.S. and then remembered he forgot to praise a science teacher who is the science teacher of the year. He then handed out some stupid article about equity in the school system. Of course, exceptional teachers could fix any problem. When I finally opened my mouth to complain about teachers being always dumped on he added, "Oh yes, #$& was the PTA Heart Winner this year."

No matter what he said when I got the award, I know he didn't want me to have it. I guess he felt good, ignoring it at the meeting. It only made him look bad. The people that count knew about it and others were finding out about it as the day progressed. Poor Principal Suit, what a sore loser!

3 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

I must say that as I move into a new position this fall (still don't know where, of course), I hope and pray that I don't end up working for someone like your Principal Suit. I would shrivel up and die.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Luckily he has no power over me--one of the benefits of being a tier 1 tenured teacher.

I hope you find a position that appreciates you and makes you happy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award! We talked about our PBIS system at ours ~ and we were excited to get our principal rather than our AP. Of course, then I had to go to class. LOL. Much fun.