Sunday, June 24, 2007

Loneliness


"I used to tell your mom, all we needed was each other." My dad said those words to me today as we were returning from a visit to her grave. I'm glad that they were so much in love. I'm glad that they were so happy together. They needed more than each other. How sad my dad is. Without my mom, he has no purpose. His house is too quiet. His meals are too lonely. I wish he had lots of friends. I wish he had other people around to ease his sorrow. Love is great, but we all need more than one person in our lives.

2 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

My dad is in exactly the same condition as your dad. His whole life was wrapped up in my mom. When she died, so did he--except that he's still walking and breathing.

ms. whatsit said...

It must be very hard to see your father like this. Perhaps he isn't too old to make new friends or to touch base with lost ones.