Friday, June 08, 2007

Letter To Suit

I sent this letter to Principal Suit today. I don't expect an answer and I am sure it will piss him off, but I don't care. I had to say what was on my mind. I'm too old to let these things fester inside of me.
June 8, 2007

Dear Principal Suit,

I want to tell you that when you announced every teacher award at yesterday’s meeting and did not mention my winning the PTA Heart Award I was very hurt. That is an award that I earned through my hard work and devotion to my students. I got it, not through politics, but from merit. Although there is no money or pianos attached to it, it is a valuable award, something I will cherish always. I know many of my colleagues were also shocked by the omission. If I did not open my mouth and make a comment at the meeting, I am willing to bet the award would not even have been mentioned as an after thought.


Sincerely yours,


Pod Teacher

7 comments:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Good for you! This egregious omission needed to be addressed--and your message was short and pointed.

Anonymous said...

Nasty for no reason. Why are they like that?

Anonymous said...

Good for you writing that letter.
Something I would do.

Anonymous said...

Suit is a nasty bully with a big-deal title, a huge ego, a small mind, and a heartless spirit.

On the Edge said...

Good for you!

Do you think he did that on purpose? I ask because I think my principal tends to have a similar selective memory. It's passive-aggressive behavior at its finest; and though I can't prove anything, I know it's part of the game she likes to play. Jerk.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Right before the meeting he saw me in the hall and commented on the award so I am sure he didn't forget.

On the Edge said...

Your suit and mine must be cut from the same cloth.