Thursday, April 19, 2007

Trailer Security Again

I was talking to the teach
er who comes into my trailer after me when we heard what sounded like a gun shot. We both jumped, looked out the window and saw nothing. The room suddenly filled up with an obnoxious smell. A kid had set off a smoke bomb right outside the window.

I went in and happened across the head of the security guards. When I told him about it, he said "well, we don't have enough security for out there." Later on, I saw the AP in charge of security and told him. His answer, "yes, I already know. We don't have enough staff to cover the trailers." He then started babbling about other schools that are smaller and get more money for security. I told him that wasn't an answer. There are kids outside smoking all day long. They hide behind the dumpsters. They always rough housing and take their getting to class. He said, "You aren't going to lke my answer. I send security out when there is a problem. When it clears up, I take them away." I told him that we trailer people were part of the school too and entitled to security. He really didn't have an answer to that.

It's interesting that when the Chancellor came yesterday, security was all around. I guess he is more important than the students and teachers.

2 comments:

Pissed Off Mom said...

Of course the Chancellor had heavy security around him we all know how dangerous it can be in a Public High School, plus they had to make sure he did not wander out to the trailers. We can't see how the children are truly being educated. Just the dog and pony show.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

It seems as though the AP in charge of security thinks of you as "trailer trash," not "trailer people."