Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thank You

I just want to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers. Your words are very comforting.

After the hospital, I went to teach my college class. The students in that class are very supportive, asking about my mom and me. It felt good to see so many who barely know me caring about me. After the class, I went to the Arista installation in my school. The kids nominated me to be one of the mentors. I didn't feel like walking on the stage. I didn't even have time to go home and put on decent clothes, but I wanted to see my kids get installed. They looked terrific, all dressed up and proud. They were so happy to see me there. The first thing they all asked was how my mom was. They really care. I teach in a multi-cultural school and the kids are all praying to their own G-d's. With so many different religions looking out for us we are in good hands. Even Principal Suit came over to see how I was doing. He told me the school would do everything to help. I know they will. They had no problem covering my classes so I could leave early today.

Seeing the kids tonight reminded me again why I don't want to retire. I'm just not willing to give up the warm feelings I get from them. Sure they are not all great and lots of them drive me crazy, but, they also keep me sane. At present, work is my salvation.

1 comment:

ms. whatsit said...

How is your mom today?