Wednesday, June 02, 2010

There Were Fireworks


Believe it nor not, I have a colleague who makes me look quite reserved. This colleague went up to the party animal and said: "I heard you had a party and didn't invite me. You said you would invite me next time you had one. I happened to be busy, but it would have been nice to have been invited." The party animal turned red and said "It is my house and I can invite whoever I want. If I want to party with my friends, I will." My colleague calmly answered, "I thought we were friends. We go back almost 20 years together. I've even baby sat your child." The animal was almost speechless but managed to whimper "Next time I have a party, I will be sure to invite you." My colleague just said, "Don't bother. I now know we are not friends." With that comment, head high in the air, a quick exit was made. The party animal felt like a victim of a hit and run accident.

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I wish I had the guts to do things like this.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Me too, and this colleague is not finished. I'll write up the latest this afternoon.

mathematicamama said...

My daughter is 10 and just had her birthday party. One girl in class asked why she was not invited to the party. My daughter told her that she was not going to invite somebody who was mean to her.

Pissedoffteacher said...

At least your daughter had a good reason.

mathematicamama said...

My daughter is like your colleague. She has learned to speak her mind. I'm sure she learned this from her father.