Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not Jaded, Realistic


My husband tells me I am too jaded, that things are not as bad as they appear. He's wrong. I've been around long enough to be able to read between the lines. I know that when administrators want something, they find a way to make it happen.

I've always kept my nose clean, so there is nothing legit to get me on. I get good results and am well liked by the kids and their parents, so there is nothing on me in this area either. They know I don't want to leave yet, but my salary is a strain on their budget. My big mouth and ideas bother them. Only recently, I was admonished for notifying guidance counselors of kids who would be going from failing to passing and passing to failing instead of only telling them only the later. Taking the initiative is something frowned on in education, even if that initiative is for the benefit of the students.

Last week I got to visit the Magic Castle in Los Angeles. Even sitting next to the magicians gave me no insight into how they did their tricks. With these guys, I see their tricks with no effort.

I need the summer to cool down and think about my future plans. I know things are going to turn out fine.

No comments: