Monday, June 28, 2010

Latest E-mail

Thank you very much for working hard. I will be sending you the Regents passing percentage in the email. If you feel you are on vacation and should not be bothered, you don't have to check your email. But why would anyone not want to know how he/she did?

Personally, I know how I did. I know the population I worked with, what their history with math is. For the most part, the kids did better than I expected. There was only one that I expected to squeak by with a 65 that failed. The teachers in my department all did everything they could do get their students to pass. To judge us by a number is ridiculous. Kids count, numbers don't. Sixty percent, eighty percent or even one hundred percent, we should not care.

1 comment:

NYC Educator said...

A college teacher once told me something I've always remembered--once someone says "but" you can disregard everything that came before.

I really love you, but...

I don't want to do this, but...

You don't have to check your email but...