Sunday, March 17, 2013

Important Memo

I marvel at some of my colleagues who tell me they have a great relationship with their boss/bosses and they socialize with him/her after working hours. I've never been that lucky nor do I want to be. When the "spaghetti hits the fan" and we all have to "cover our assets" I doubt friendship is important at all. Perhaps the rule below only applies to those in the trenches as I keep meeting colleagues who work  in rarefied and privileged work places where everybody gets along and sings "Kumbaya". Not this working class kid!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is VERY TRUE.....

burntoutteacher said...

There was a time when this was not necessarily true. The days of celebrating birthdays and life events together, of being able to go to your AP with problems, of enjoying the mutual respect, are long over. In this "gotcha" atmosphere it them against us.