Monday, January 28, 2013

Right Decision Led To Happiness

 

Happiness is not having to sit through meaningless PD knowing I have tests to mark and grades to enter.

Happiness is not having to think about how the UFT will handle the grievance filed by a terrific chapter chairman who is trying to get teachers released from PD to do the work that needs to be done.

Happiness is not having to deal with an administrator who only pretends to know how much work I really have to do.

And lastly, happiness is my only worry of the day--will I make lunch with friends or will I postpone due to the weather.

4 comments:

zulma said...

Happiness is knowing that very soon, in October, I, too, will have the same happiness that you're feeling.

Ms. Tsouris said...

Happiness is meeting for lunch in spite of weather conditions!!

burntoutteacher said...

Happiness is no longer spending the second half of every Sunday in an anxiety-provoked blue funk, wondering why you got into teaching in the first place all those years ago (when it was still a joy and principals were educators, not businessmen).

ChiTown Girl said...

Apparently, happiness is being laid off from your crappy ass teaching job! =)