Saturday, January 12, 2013

Education Reform: A Blog Of Cartoons By A Nationally Certified Teacher



Usually I ignore any requests to promote other blogs and I refuse advertisements, but this one Education Reform: A Blog Of Cartoons by a Nationally Certified Teacheris an exception.

I could write some comments, but he sells himself so well, I decided to just publish the e-mail he sent me:

I am a progressive advocate of preserving education as a PUBLIC trust, making it equitable and high quality for ALL children across the United States. I am a Nationally Board Ceritified teacher and have been teaching for 19 years. I teach English language arts to low income populations in a New York State public school.

Thank you for posting my blog on yours:

http://thetruthoneducationreform.blogspot.com/?view=snapshot

My blog was written about by Diane Ravitch back in late December. The site is VERY different, and it's actually a self-help tool and resource for ANYONE who is fighting back against these horrendous and misguided corporate reforms in public education.

My site is a blog of cartoons that ANYONE who is like minded can grab the images and literally cut and paste them into their own advocacy literature, and all images are FREE. Advocates for public education can take the images through whatever "grab" function their computers are equipped with and communicate them in tweets, facebook, myspace, blogs, and hardcopy periodicals and newsletters.

Prior to this blog, I have been published in the New York Times, the Chicago Tribune, the Sacramento Bee, the Los Angeles Times, the Society of Illustrators, the American Photography/American Illustration Show, and have been featured on the Stephen Krashen's blog "Schools Matter", "Education Notes", and "Susan Ohanian".

Sincerely,
Robert Rendo

Go check it out, you won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article! Love your enthusiasm for education! You should check out our new non-profit organization, The Justice Project. We are an open dialogue social platform committed to giving a voice to educational, environmental, social, and economic justice. We are very passionate about education, and would love to share your cause with our followers! http://www.ajustdifference.org