Friday, January 06, 2012

Memo_012 Part I


My former colleagues know how much I loved the department memos and they arrive in multitude.  Thanks guys for sending them so I can share them here.  The latest, memo 012 is so good it will be displayed in three different postings.  This time, the word please was only used five times.  Don't think it was ignored just because you don't see it in this paragraph.

In order for us to improve as a department, everyone must contribute.  That means the teachers with the higher passing percentage continue to make sure the passing percentage is above the department passing percentage and the teachers with lower passing improve their passing percentage. [What it really means is that Mr. AP will continue stacking classes, putting the good kids with his friends and giving the more difficult ones to the senior teachers and the teachers he would like to leave.]   It is vital that we communicate with, not sending a letter or leaving a message, parents of those students who come everyday and try, yet, they still have not passed. [This sentence isn't in English but what I think he means is teachers should call and call again until a parent is reached.  After all, every child, even the ones with 70 IQ's can pass if the teachers make enough phone calls.  Mr. AP would be chancellor right now if some teacher had called his mom and dad.] It is also important to communicate with the parents of chronic absentees.  [Kids would never be absent if the teacher called.}  The Quality Reviewers are only interested in knowing that we try our best to reach everyone, not just those who want to or capable of learning.  [I don't think that is the only thing they are interested in. I wonder who gave him the inside information.]  The American educational system is about trying to help everyone to learn, not just those who want to or capable of learning. [Let's not forget getting everyone to pass the test, even if they know nothing.]
The next segment of this memo will be posted from sunny Aruba.  Mr. AP probably did me the biggest favor of my life since his actions helped me make the decision I should have made a long time ago.  But, I haven't forgotten him and I will do my best to make sure no readers forget him and what he is doing to education today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my students once told me to do something with one of his body parts when I asked him to open a notebook. I called the parent. She said, "He uses this language with me as well, what do you want me to do!" So much for calling a parent.

Anonymous said...

I know of many AP's who got thier education from a weekend course. Is Mr. AP one of them?

This AP sounds like a gem to work for!

Ricochet said...

Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego,
baby why don't we go,
Jamaica

Have an awesome time!!!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the funniest emails that you posted from Mr. AP. I can't wait to see Part 2 when it is eventually posted..


and enjoy Aruba, also ENJOY the vacation even more now that you can go away anytime you want to.