Sunday, January 01, 2012

Charity Begins At Home


My husband, a product of corporate America, often fails to see the horrors of Bloomberg in spite of being married to me, an individual who speaks out often and loudly about this monster.  Last night, as we watched Bloomberg lowering the ball in Times Square, my husband pointed out all his philanthropic activities.  My friends and I cut him short and reminded him that charity begins at home and he should start taking care of the working people of NYC.  In his seemingly infinite tenure as mayor, he has done nothing to help us and plenty to hurt.  My husband shut up.

5 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

When are men EVER gonna learn!? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Actually, my aunt doesn't get it about Bloomberg either. She also mentions his philanthropic activities too. My family is split in the middle on pro/anti Bloomberg but all think the same on the horrible educational policies in the city, state and country.
(My mother tells my father the horror stories from her school about the progress reports, evaluations, test scores, etc, and he gets that.)

NYC Educator said...

He kindly gave an 8% raise to all city employees, but then said, "Screw the teachers," as they live on nothing but sunshine and puppy tails.

Anonymous said...

He would rather increase the class sizes, lay off teachers but give higher salaries because it will be better for everyone.. Does anyone else think this man is a narcissist?

No Fracking said...

Mr. PO'd made a very wise decision to not say another word about Bloomberg's "philanthropic" activities (especially for his corporate and hedge fund buddies). Otherwise, New Year's Eve might have been much rowdier!