Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Summer Activity

The Museum of the City Of NY is a great place to visit on a hot, summer day.  This smaller museum does not have the crowds of the bigger ones and it is easy to see it all.

Currently on exhibit is a Joel Grey, a NY Life, with some really great photos by him and Moveable Feast: Fresh Produce and the NYC Green Cart Program, great photos, many subjects I've taken.  I wish I had the skills these photographers have.  The moving part of all this was the stories of the people behind the pics.  One photographer wrote how he never thought of the person selling the pretzel he buys in the street.  Pictured above are three Bangladash immigrants.  Five live in a two room apartment earning money to send to their families to create lives.

Not too many photos, but I did put a few here.  (My good camera is n the shop so I have been making do with my little point and shoot.)

No comments: