Friday, July 08, 2011

My Bargain

I love a bargain so when a Groupon for a $7.00 Atlantic City trip, complete with $10 food credit and $5 slot credit came up, I just had to grab it.  Even the thought of being confined on the bus for so long didn't keep me from this deal.

The day started out great.  The Hampton Luxury Liner had big leather, reclining seats, a movie, Internet and snacks.  This sure beat driving.  The only hitch was the bus hit a car (or more likely, the car hit the bus) coming out of the Midtown Tunnel and we waited almost two hours (thanks Bloomberg) for a cop to write up an accident report.  We would not have been able to continue the trip if my husband had not thought of a way to fix the molding on the bus.  He was the hometown hero of the day.


The bus driver was so grateful, he ended up giving us $20 buffet vouchers.  We even made $4.70 with the $10 we were given.  (Neither one of us likes to gamble.)

The vacation/retirement is off to a great start.  My poor husband is worn out.  He is happy to see me working part time in the fall.  I don't know how many more daily activities he can take.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 cheers for husband who saved the day.

NYC Educator said...

Great story. Congratulations for having such a resourceful husband. I'm afraid my wife is not nearly so lucky.

ChiTown Girl said...

I'm so hooked on Groupon! What a bargain you found. Sorry you were held up by the accident, but thank goodness your husband is so brilliant. Well, we already knew that - he married YOU!