Sunday, July 03, 2011

I Should Learn To Read

My husband says I am killing him.  His idea of retirement is sitting on a recliner and playing with his cats and his i-Pad.  Mine  is getting out and seeing the world.

Today I took him to the Museum Of The Moving Image in Astoria.  I wanted to see the Jim Henson exhibit which, if I would have read, I would have known it didn't open until July 16.  But, we had a great time anyway.  It was kind of weird seeing the toys I played with and the ones my kids played with in a museum.  Even my babies have turned into antiques.  And, the best news of all, teachers get in free!  All you need to do is show a valid ID.

He did grudgingly admit the day was fun and agreed to go back once the Muppet exhibit is up and running.

(I'll post some of the interesting pictures on facebook in a few day.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the info on the Jim Henson exhibit. I love The Muppets (if you couldn't tell from my FB page).

Now I know where daughter gets her talent for finding fun things/events to do in her neighborhood. Like mother, like daughter.